The derrick, located east of the depot on Commerce Street along the railroad tracks, is dedicated to J.E. “Eddie” Adamson-(1911-1964) by Nova Ellen Adamson, Sammy Adamson, John Adamson and Bill Adamson.
Associated with American Supply Company from 1932 to 1945 located at the site where the derrick is restored, Mr. Adamson founded Sabine Pipe & Supply Company in 1945 and in addition, owned and operated oil and gas wells in Texas and Louisiana. The company has furnished pipe and equipment to the East Texas Oil Field for over 50 years.
According to his family, Mr. Adamson was known for his love of God, family and his fellow man.
The derrick was provided by Adamson-Thrash, Young Lease Well #12.